Sunday, February 22, 2009

HOLLYWILD 2009

This weekend the girls and I drove up to the upstate to visit with family. Jay stayed behind to start moving stuff out of our garage in preparation for the new office opening. Stay tuned for that news/pics. So the girls and I got to spend some time with Mia on Friday nite and enjoy some Japanese take out and the girls got to run around her house to their heart's content. On Saturday morning myself, my parents, my brother, and the girls all loaded up and headed to Hollywild. And what a wild adventure it was. They have a drive thru deal where you literally just follow a path around a huge grassy area and the animals roam free. They walk/run right up to your car in hopes of a hand out. This was a little unsettling at first especially when I thought the llama was going to climb in the van but after you get used to how friendly they are it is such fun! Katie Jo especially loved feeding the deer, llamas, horses, and zebras. It was truly a site to have all those animals crowding the sides of our van just waiting for some food. I can't wait to go again! The only thing we'll check on next time is the ostriches. They seemed a little aggressive and every time they got close we drove off. The sharp beaks made me a tad nervous. It was amazing to watch them jog after us in hopes that we would slow down! Good times! Oh, and a zebra sneezed on me and a horse sneezed on my dad. I guess not paying attention with the window down isn't a good idea in that situation! We also saw some tigers but after the first hand experience we had with the other zoo animals they were kind of boring to just look at.
Saturday nite we had my grandparents over and had a birthday celebration for Uncle Brian. It was lots of fun to visit over cake and ice cream! This morning the girls and I went over to Jay's Grandmother's for breakfast and a visit. She and Aunt Linda enjoyed seeing the girls. I think everyone was most taken with Georgia who's little personality has really bloomed over the past couple of months. Katie Jo was a joy as always, but we already are used to her cuteness! After another quick visit with Mia and lunch with Gran and Pop we hit the road back to Summerville. It was a whirlwind weekend!
















3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, that's pretty wild. I think I would have freaked out a bit.
I'm loving the pig tails on KJ!

Amy Wallace said...

Okay you are more brave than I am..That horse is all up in Georgia's grill!

Judy Johnson said...

As the person who sat safely in the backseat...out of range of the horse and zebra snot...this was the funniest thing I've been a part of in a long, long time!

Gran