Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Dance Recital

Katie Jo has been taking dance since Jan. She is in a combo class of tap and ballet. She has really enjoyed it and early on we had to make the decision if we were going to put her in the recital. We did and I figured she'd love it until about a month ago when she decided she didn't want to do dance anymore. We had her keep going and she always enjoyed it once she was there. Then on Monday she had a rehearsal at the studio and I'll spare the details but it didn't go well. I was afraid we'd spent a lot of money on a costume among other recital fees for nothing. Well, tonight was her dress rehearsal and she did it! I was so proud! I almost cried when they finished because I couldn't believe she not only stood on stage but did almost all of the dance moves! It was a true proud momma moment. Here are a few photos of her with her friend Carly and then a video of her performance. We aren't allowed to video tomorrow for the real recital so this was my one chance and what I captured was priceless.





Katie Jo is on the end, far right. The tiniest!


3 comments:

Amy Wallace said...

love it!!

Judy Johnson said...

Katie Jo did great and Gran & Pop are very proud! I think this is milkshake worthy!

Alli said...

How fun! She did great! Love that you were at my alma mater!