Monday, October 30, 2006

The 96 hour shut-ins

Here's our little sleeping beauty!


This was a FREE toy with a recent party I hosted. I had enough people order items that this pop-up play center came with the package. Katie Jo likes it and it folds down into a little circle so it's easy to put away when we're done. It's a lot like the one we have for her outside with a different theme on each side of the center. I think she'll be able to enjoy this for quite a while.


Presenting "The Amazing Katie Jo." Here she is making one of her many towers with the blocks. If there had been a shot after this one it would have shown her knocking them down and clapping with glee. She is just so darn smart! And yes that is a diaper wipes box we use to hold the blocks. I found that cutting the hole just a little bit bigger was just perfect for her little hands.


And unfortunately that's all folks. I was laid out for most of last week with a bug and Katie Jo, though not technically sick, was not feeling up to par. We're all better now and look for a much more in depth blog next week or so.

I will add that she is learning so quickly I can't quite keep up with it all. She knows so much and everyday Jay and I are amazed at her capacity for knowledge. She now knows the hand motions to the whole song "If you're happy and you know it." Just this weekend she got her hands dirty and Jay showed her how to wipe them together to get them clean. Well, wouldn't you know that she did it every time after that. She also has become quite proficient at dressing herself by putting her hands through the arm holes and undressing by stepping out of her pants. I would love to tap into her little brain and find out how many words she really understands because I'm thinking it's in the hundreds. Sorry to go on about her but really this is more to help me remember her milestones later on. Oh, and all teeth are in and accounted for. I guess all we have left are the two year molars.

No comments: