Monday, January 22, 2007

January so far

1/2/07: I know you can't tell it from the picture but Katie Jo was telling me that one of the dogs ran by and knocked over the stool she was sitting on.

What creativity! If you don't feel like climbing up the normal way just pull up the stool and try to hoist yourself up to climb over the rail. Just so you know it didn't work.

1/4/07: Last Christmas Katie Jo got a beautiful hand made table from her Pop's good friend Ernie. It's been put up for awhile but recently we got it out only to realize it was no good without chairs. So we went out and found four chairs and now we're in business. Katie Jo loves to sit in the chair and read her books. She's still a little too short but manages by sitting on her knees most of the time.


Later the same day we got out some of the play-doh she got in her stocking to play with. She loved watching me roll it on the table and watch it stretch out. I'd roll pieces into balls and then she'd take them and press her little fingers into them. So cute!



1/5/07: As long as I live I will never get over how cute it is when they try on your shoes. She didn't even realize I was watching her until I called out her name and took the picture. One day she'll be wearing them for real and I'll have to search her closet for my own shoes and clothes. I'll need to keep this picture close by to remember how cute I thought it was then!

1/9/07: She loves her Lego's and is getting pretty good at putting them together herself.


1/13/07: Gran and Pop came for the weekend and on Saturday we all went downtown for some fun. Katie Jo, once again, loved the water front park. She put her finger in the shooting water a couple of times but soon realized it was way cold.







1/14/07: This was Jay's 35 birthday. We all went to church, ate at the Mexican restaurant, and came home to eat cake. I only had these three numbers so I put the 4 and 1 side by side to equal 5!



Later that night Katie Jo and her dad enjoyed another piece along with some ice cream.



1/15/07: Can you believe she's wearing this in the middle of January? And this was taken at about 8:30 in the morning. This was about our last day in warm weather and we were getting ready to go to a MOMS event where we were going to make a frame. I thought since she was already wearing pink I might as well take a picture, print it out, and make a valentine themed frame. The frame turned out to look pretty silly but the picture inside was precious.

No comments: