Friday, January 05, 2007

What a New Year indeed

This week has been a great start to our New Year. I had my second prenatal appointment yesterday and am happy to report that all is going well. I did lose two more pounds, but that was to be expected since I have managed to eat just not at the point where it was enjoyable. We also got to hear the heartbeat. As soon as she touched the Doppler to my belly the beating sound filled the room. She clocked it at 170 beats per minute which tells us not only is the baby healthy but is apparently running on a treadmill. Jay took a little video which I've included and I have to give him props for not only filming the action but holding Katie Jo on his hip the whole time. It was a great visit.

I am 13 weeks now but on Wednesday God turned the morning sickness faucet off. This was an early reprieve and I am very appreciative. Yesterday I had a chicken salad sandwich and even made spaghetti for dinner. Jay got misty-eyed when he walked in and saw pots on the stove top! Today I even added tomatoes to my sandwich so I think I'm really out of the woods. I'm looking forward to the increase in energy and being able to enjoy each day without feeling so yucky.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!
-Jenn