Saturday, May 26, 2007

Katie Jo's two year visit

Katie Jo had her two year old well check up last Wednesday, May 16th. She now weighs 25 lbs and 10 oz. She measured 32 and 3/4 inches in height. I was happy to report to them that she is thriving and growing like a normal two year old. This can be interpreted to mean she runs a lot, doesn't like to listen to often, and has a pretty good idea of how she likes things to go. The doc asked nine thousand questions about everything to do with health, eating, drinking, sight, hearing, and a bunch of other stuff that I simply answered no to. We talked about potty training and I expressed my desire to wait as long as possible seeing as how we will have another bottom to take care of soon and I don't think I'll have the will to worry about one needing to be "taken" and one to be "changin." I think I'll just wait until the golden day when I find Katie Jo on the pot doing as she supposed to and flushing behind herself. Washing her hands afterwards would be nice too but we don't want to set our expectations too high! Just kidding. She also had to get one shot and a finger prick and just like her mother the finger prick was more terrifying to her than the shot. If I had to see her mess with that finger one more time I thought I was going to pass out. We have learned that she does not like wearing band aids. I don't know if it's the association that they follow a shot or if it really bothers her to actually have one against her skin. Besides all that she is just doing great and we are enjoying every moment of her.


Here's a little pic or two from this past week when we went to the sprinklers at a local park with some friends.

No comments: