Tuesday, August 21, 2007

32 and holding

Yet another birthday has come and gone. It's amazing how the older you get the faster they come! We had friends over Sunday nite and grilled hot dogs. Jay got a cake from Publix which is my favorite and it was a lot of fun to just hang out with good friends.

Reilly Kaye, Kacyi holding Georgia, Sloan, me and Katie Jo Everyone helped blow out the candles
Sloan did what every child loves and licked the candles. We gave one to Katie Jo to lick off and we were delighted to watch her proceed to eat it! I wrestled half of it away from her. She had wax crumbs around her mouth!
The actual birthday was less exciting. I met two friends at Target for a little shopping and then went to Moe's for lunch. Katie Jo and Georgia's gift to me was to not take an afternoon nap. Needless to say I was very glad when Jay came home early and took over for a little while! :) No big dinner out since that would have been more stressful than relaxing with two little ones. Instead we ordered from Applebee's and I splurged and ordered mozzarella sticks to go along with my entree. I ate 7 of them. The evening was finished off with two Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I slept like a baby (except for the two feeding needed by Georgia).
On the gift front I received a precious home made card from Jay and the girls. I got a necklace to match earrings from Christmas from my mom and dad. She is doing a very smart thing and giving me birthstone jewelry. I think April is next which is the diamond so I'm hoping for a tennis bracelet! I can just hear the laughter. Jay gave me a rockin pair of shoes for our anniversary and they also covered my birthday as well. He tried to say they would count for part of Christmas too but that ain't happening! Next time I wear them I'll take a picture to prove what good taste he has!
Alright I'm done now. Apparently my lack of social time is now carrying over into rambling on this blog.

6 comments:

Amy Wallace said...

Happy Birthday Amber...just remember, it is the little things that count. All of our lives can't be one big fairy tale or we would be bored with each other! Your 32nd birthday sounded like mine, shoes and all! D always makes me home made cards and I adore them. I will have to put a picture of one of them on the blog...Hallmark would be jealous!

Kelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Cheri Wofford said...

Hi Amber,Your children are precious...and you cannot be 32...and I cannot be 52!!! I do enjoy reading your blog and see the great pictures. Chessi and family are at Disney but should be home soon. You prob check out her blog too. Take care, Cheri Adams Wofford

Brennan said...

Whew that was a lot of candles! Happy Birthday, Brennan

Meredith said...

Amber, I just saw your husband's song on Kelly's site. He is AWESOME! No kidding - he's talented.
(I know you don't know me from Adam, but I know "of" you thru Wellford, and my mom knows your mom.) :)

Meredith said...

NO WAY! I just watched it again and realized he said "Crawford" house. Wow, that's nuts.