Friday, August 31, 2007

You really do learn something new everyday!

This week I got my email ID and password stolen and have found it to be quite an aggravating situation. The jerk changed my password and now I no longer have access to my email account. So everyone who was in my address book got a little email about a trip I'm supposedly taking to Africa and is asking for money. Don't send money and don't respond to the email. I am slowly trying to piece together my address book and once it's as close as I can get it I'll send out an email to everyone with my new email address. I'm sad since dayejohnson75 has been my ID for over 10 years!

But the good news is that I found out I have terrific friends and family. I frantically called as many people possible to ask them to please email others to let them know what happened. I was probably more curt than necessary but they all understood. Allison let me call her a thousand times without complaining and I know she prayed for me when I asked. Even after 30 years she is the best friend anyone could ask for. Several have helped me since then by forwarded emails with address I need to my new account. Thanks to everyone who has helped. I may think of another address I need so you may not be in the clear just yet!

Bottom line: Find a way to cut and past your email address book and put it into a word document on your computer so if this ever happens to you you'll not face what I've faced.

I'll eventually get around to posting pictures so be patient with me! :)

No comments: