Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hello my name is Amber and I'll be your server today

Background: Katie Jo goes in her room every afternoon for two hours. She takes a nap every once in a blue moon but mostly just has quiet time. While in there she can play, sing, read, or whatever else fills the time for her. I switch out toys frequently so she doesn't get bored. This is my break and hers. She doesn't protest about being in there so I think she likes having some time to herself.

Today during her quiet time she hasn't been so quiet. I usually eat lunch, catch up on taped shows, email, check blogs, clean, or any other mindless activity during this time. Today, not so much. She has come to the door several times and called for me. This is a no-no since this is also Georgia's nap time. Georgia wakes up if someone coughs outside her door so we have to be quiet in order for her to get in a good nap. So every time KJ has come to the door I have to race to see what she wants. First she couldn't find Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. They were easily retrieved from under a blanket. To which she replied, "There you are you silly guys." Next she needed a drink. She said it had to be "a little orange juice." And this last time she was out of her drink and decided "it needs to be chocolate milk this time." I'm exhausted from running the stairs and I'm suspecting she might have had sugar at child's day out.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel your pain. Today I had to remind Caroline, "Mommy is not your slave!"

Alli said...

I'm still laughing at seeing Katie Jo inching her way into the playroom when you spent the night with me that night. haaa!

Oh, and I know all about the room time escape excuses. Our girls just have a lot to say! In the mean time, I'll just bring Ava Love to your house and have her teach Katie Jo how to play Ariel. That'll keep her in her room for sure! ;)