Tuesday, June 10, 2008

11 Months Old

I skipped month ten, but don't worry there weren't any terribly exciting accomplishments that weren't already mentioned in another post! Miss Georgia is doing lots of new things as of recently though. The most exciting is that she took her first steps. This past Sunday we were at my grandparents house after their 65th wedding anniversary party and she took a step from her Daddy to Uncle Brian. Then she took two steps from Daddy to me. So she officially walked at 10 months but she hasn't walked since so I'm not sure what that means! She is such a motorer (probably not a word but sound it out and it'll be just fine) and crawls faster than the speed of light. She climbs everything! She can't get down too well which can be a problem but man can she end up in some high places. If you ask me she can say mama, dada, bye and hi. I have heard her on least more than one occasion use the fore mentioned with association. Fluke? I think not. She waves bye bye and claps. She immediately starts to bounce when music is played and she still loves her sister despite the constant toy taking and being carried around like a monkey. We've had lots of experiences with the water and thankfully she's a water bug. I can't think of any more "real" exciting stuff so here's the scrapbook part. She goes to bed at 7 wakes only once, usually, and wakes for real at about 8. She takes about an 1 1/2 morning nap and a 1 1/2 to 2 hour afternoon nap. She nurses about every 4 hours and eats baby food three times a day. She has the bottom two teeth and the top four. She cries rarely but is very sensitive. She screams with laughter when I yell "ROAR" and climbs up my chest to bury her head on my shoulder. She wiggles more than any baby I've ever encountered and changing her diaper makes me break a sweat every time. She has more hair in the back than the front which is concerning and some pieces are measuring at least 4 inches long. There is a little wave to her hair but that could be the 110 degree heat! All in all she is just so sweet and happy and healthy.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! I think it's time for our babies to have a play date too (before they aren't babies anymore!! How sad!).
I'm glad to hear that Georgia is squirmy too. Changing Eli's diaper takes the force of God.

Megan said...

I can't believe she's already 11 months old! She's such a cutie and her outfit is just adorable! I also love Katie Jo's toys bowing in prayer - priceless!

Amy Wallace said...

Amber your girls are just precious...job well done Mommy!