Thursday, June 12, 2008

65th Wedding Anniversary Weekend

Yep, you read it right. Sixty five years my grandparents have been married, to each other! We had a big celebration this past Sunday, but the Saturday before we got together with all my cousins and their families for a joint cousin birthday/pool party. If you remember it was about hotter than a mad bull so some cool water was a welcomed relief from the heat. The cousins ranged in ages from 8 months to five so their were enough floats and swimmies to save a village from drowning. I promised not to post photos of the adults in their swim suits (or swimmies) so the pool pics are limited but the fun was not!

KJ and cousin Meghan Sweet baby Claire

The kids table. I finally graduated and this picture proves it!
Lighting the candles
What a pretty cake it was!
Meghan enjoying her cake. Georgia is in the back ground enjoying the grass.

Cousin Drew

Cousin McKinsey
Katie Jo
On Sunday we had LOTS of family come for the church service and then had a catered lunch afterwards. It was good to see family members I hadn't see since I was a little girl.


My grandparents are an inspiration. Their love and devotion to each other is a testament of how marriage should really be.


I love you Mama and Papa! Thank you for the example you set and the lessons you've taught me.



God Bless Aunt Janice, who brought stickers. It helped entertain Katie Jo and Meghan.






The happy couple





1 comment:

Alli said...

Congrats to your grandparents! What a special day!