Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fishy Day

Today we went to the aquarium. It was raining cats and dogs so we decided it would be best to spend our time somewhere fun but indoors. So we got an early start and it was a good thing because when we left there was a line a mile long to get tickets.

So when we walked in there was a man there to greet us and he was holding something slithery and skinny. He called it a corn snake but it didn't look like it had come off the cob! I was scared to touch it at first but then I reached out and felt with one finger. That was enough so then we pushed on.

This trip was my first walking tour and I really enjoyed cruising from one tank to the next on my own two feet. Standing close to the tank and "touching" the fish was pretty neat. This summer is the Summer of Turtles so we got to see turtles of all sizes.

I guess that's about it. Enjoy the show folks.


This is me and Daddy with a red-tailed hawk.

Can everyone see the cute turtles?

Sure hope this glass holds!


I want this one right here for dinner!

Sorry Momma cut off your head Mr. Macaw!


Cool Dude!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Katie Jo,
You are getting so big! I bet the aquarium is a lot of fun when you can walk around like a big girl. Hopefully we will get to see you before you get too much bigger, and you can show Sammer how to walk.
-Sam's Mama