Tuesday, August 08, 2006

July wrap-up










So it's been a pretty busy and exciting month. So much so that my Momma couldn't get any pictures posted or any info on my latest adventures written up. We thought we'd put together a little synopsis so you wouldn't feel slighted.
After our Fourth of July bash Gran came down the next week and we spent some quality "girl time" together. Then Pop and Uncle Brian came for the weekend and I took them to the pool. We all learned that the baby pool at 5 in the afternoon after a 100 degree day is not what you would call refreshing. Aunt Joni came one weekend with two of her friends, Ania and Alex. We all went out to eat at Sticky Fingers and Momma said I should feel lucky that young college girls wanted to hang out with old fogies and a baby! Aunt Joni missed out on being in a photo but she took some cute ones of me and my folks. The last week in July we traveled to Lyman and got to spend time with the usual family plus Aunt Linda, G. G. Byars, and Granddaddy Byars. G. G. read to me in a rocking chair used with all the grandchildren and now the great-grandchildren.
So have I reached any milestones this past month? You bet! I have added several words to my vocabulary including fish, kitty cat, bye bye along with mama and dada. I can point to several items in a book when asked including a ball, baby, and bananas. I also am getting quite good at following directions like "kick the ball, throw the ball, and close the door." I especially like the last one and Momma said that could be considered my first chore. And last, I hope! I also have figured out how to bounce. Not jumping yet but bouncing by bending my legs while standing up. I can do it on the couch or bed much to my parents chagrin. I also can give a high five now when asked and my parents think it's quite cute. And even cuter than that, if you can believe it, is that my new dance move is to stamp my right foot to the beat!
I guess the most exciting thing is that I now recognize Teddy Grahams by the box. Momma and Daddy watched me one day as I took it out of the pantry, figured out how to open the top, put my little hand inside, and come out with my prize. Just as I was putting the sweet Teddy to my mouth Momma called my name and I just about jumped out of my skin. They were watching the whole time those silly rascals.
This month was also filled with celebrations. Cousin Meghan turned one at the end of June. My friend Reilly Kaye celebrated her first birthday this month and five days later cousin Aidan celebrated his.
On a sad note, this month also saw the passing of my friend Emory. In his short twenty months he touched many lives and I'm glad I got to know him. He'll be missed by many but one day we'll see him again in Heaven.
I think that just about covers it. I'm sure there is so much more since I seem to be doing something new every day according to Momma. In short the dress says it all CAROLINA CUTIE!!

No comments: