Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Clemson/Carolina Game 2008

So this past weekend Jay, Joni, and I went to the Clemson/Carolina game. I had been looking so forward to it since it was the first game I'd gone to in two seasons. Jay and I took Friday night to spend together. We haven't been away together in I don't know when but I know we were long overdue. We stayed at the Westin Poinsette and man did we get a good rate! After checking in we walked around looking for a good place to eat dinner and settled in at Ristorante Bergamo. My lord it was the best Italian meal ever! If you're ever in downtown Greenville you should try it! Afterwards we went to our favorite store downtown, Mast General store and had fun looking around and taking our time. It was a very relaxing and restful time away and I'm glad we did it. So then Saturday we were off to Clemson. Quick overview: We shopped, we sat in the cold, we sat in the rain, Jay offered the keys during third quarter so I could get out of it, I stayed, we cheered, Clemson won, we left, I slept the whole car ride back to Lyman. I learned I choose comfort over cute and I'm OK with that. I prayed for every girl I saw who wore her cute dress with boots. That must be the trend with the younger folk and I'm sure in my time I would've done the same. That day I was thankful for my beanie, my Dansko's, and my poncho! :)
Here's a little timer pic with the three of us.

Joni and I in our matching outfits. The fleece pullovers were found in the children's section and were only $15. If you've ever shopped in a sports store on a college campus you know that is the deal of a century. We bought the hats separate and didn't realize we both had them until we were getting ready to walk to the stadium! BTW, anyone who thinks Georgia looks just like Jay hasn't met Joni.
The hubby and I

Jay and his sister

Joni and I

3 comments:

Joni said...

ahahahaha...it's funny you said that on my blog about my favorite picture with my sis-in law...I think this is it!! Glad we went but don't miss the cold. :-)

Amy Wallace said...

Indeed this is the best Italian restaurant in Gville!!! Great choice!

Anonymous said...

I look overweight in that jacket Amber. Glad you and April said to get a large instead of a medium. Go Tigers!