Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Santa Visit 2008


I asked Katie Jo this morning if she wanted to go see Santa and she gave a resounding, "YES." We all hopped in the shower, dressed the girls in their matching outfits, popped in the bows, and off we went. I talked to Katie Jo on the way about what to expect and how we'd watch some other kids do it before we went up so she could see what it was like. I asked her to name the things she would tell Santa she wanted and she only had one thing on her list, a camera. We got to the mall, made our way to Santa and found a friend from church in line in front of us so that gave Katie Jo a great example as she was there only to visit with Santa and not get a picture. Katie Jo was so excited and hopped right up on his lap. I had to peel Georgia from my arms onto his other leg but thankfully she didn't shed tears. The picture is not great but I can only imagine how worse it could be. Katie Jo even told him what she wanted, a camera, and then gave him a hug. I was really proud of her! We celebrated with a processed meat lunch from the food court and played in the germ infested play area. Good time had by all!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I'm glad they did well. The picture is cute. Katie Jo is getting so big. Emma Kate hates strangers- I'm not sure how the Santa visit is going to play out.