Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

We left for the upstate the Saturday before Thanksgiving and came back the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was a long visit and everyone got ample Katie Jo and Georgia time. We did lots of fun things but the couple that stand out are our day at the park and Katie Jo riding a horse for the first time.

Here's our little priss at the Lake Cooley playground. She had such a blast and afterwards we enjoyed a nice picnic. As you can see from her clothes the weather was still on the warm side and we enjoyed being outdoors so much.


On Wednesday we celebrated Gran's birthday. She decided she wanted us all to go to a Japanese restaurant. We talked to KJ about how they would cook with fire and the man would cut and cook our food right in front of us. She seemed ready. The first picture is from the beginning of the service and the second is after the nice man lit a big fire. She did get used to it but the show we enjoyed wasn't watching him cook but watching her react!

Thanksgiving Day we enjoyed two huge meals. The first was at Jay's cousin Tricia's house. They live in a restored farm house with a barn, fence, and horses right in the backyard. Katie Jo got to ride a horse for the first time and she really enjoyed it. She did very well holding on and letting her Daddy hold on to the back of her shirt. She was wearing overalls which seemed very fitting. That afternoon we went over to my grandparents house and had another tasty meal. I never once felt bad for enjoying all the food and eating until I could feel it at the back of my throat considering last year this time I couldn't force myself to eat because I was so sick. Thank you so much Georgia!


Saturday night before we headed back to Charleston I got to attend a shower for my friend Kelli. She is due to have a baby boy in Feb. It was so much fun to get together with my "home girls." We had lots to catch up on and it was great to hear what everyone had been up to.



2 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

I am so glad you have caught up on your blog. I was way over Halloween & looking for more . What a nice job you do with the blog & the girls are so adorable. Keep them coming .
Jackie Mc

Anonymous said...

The picnic at Lake Cooley and the "big fire" at the Japanese restaurant combined for maybe my best birthday ever!
Gran