Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007!

Well this year we decided to have an old fashioned fun-filled family centered Christmas at OUR house. This was the first time in my life I haven't celebrated Christmas in the home I grew up in or opened the stocking hanging from my parent's mantle, but it worked out just fine. We had everyone come to us this year and what a good time that proved to be.

Christmas Eve Joni, Jay's sister, was here to help with last second cleaning and straightening up before the crew came in. About three o'clock Jay's mom, my parents, and my brother all arrived. We hung out the rest of the afternoon then ate dinner and went to the Christmas Eve service at church. We had to sit separate since it was so crowded so I took Katie Jo and my mom took Georgia. The lady behind my mom commented on how well behaved Georgia was and when my mom told her she was her granddaughter the lady replied that she thought my mom was Georgia's mom. I think it made her day! Jay served the Lord's supper along side the other deacons so Katie Jo was pretty excited to see him up front. Afterwards we came home and along with the Weaver's went out to see all the lights. Our neighborhood puts out luminaries every year and each yard is lined with the little paper bags filled with sand and a lit candle. It makes for a beautiful site on top of the regular lights people have out. We've never seen it since we aren't ever here so it was fun to see how beautiful everything looked. Jay had hooked our trailer up to the Trailblazer and we piled up among all the blankets. It was so fun. We sang carols, wished people we passed "Merry Christmas," and enjoyed all the lights. For once, it was actually cold which made things even more festive!

Here is our house all lit up for the holidays. The little bags lining the edge are the luminaries. If you look real close you'll see two dark figures on the porch. That's my parents who opted out of the ride around in the trailer.


After the ride we came back and sat on the front porch. It was so nice to relax and enjoy waving to the cars that rode by. Here is a picture of Gran and Pop with their first grandchild, Lexi.
After everyone went to bed Santa and I started setting everything up. Thankfully we didn't have too much to put together so it was more set up than anything.
Katie Jo's loot. Her big gift this year was dress up goodies with a princess theme.
And here's Georgia's loot. Her big item from Santa was the Laugh and Learn House.

Katie Jo was a little timid at first when she woke up Christmas morning. I think having all the people watching her might of had something to do with it! :) After she got a little more awake she immediately went to the selection of dress up shoes and tried them on. After that it's all a blur of wrapping paper.

Georgia got lots of stuffed animals this year. She was delighted with each one and promptly put them in her mouth!
Katie Jo loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I found a flashlight and mouse ears that play the song.
Here is an apron for when she helps Mommy and Daddy in the kitchen.
Georgia got her first doll.

This is a desk my mom and I found at the Flowertown Festival a year and half ago. It's actually five pieces that fit together to make a ladybug. Jay put in a couple of screws to make sure it didn't slide and Katie Jo loves it.


Aunt Joni and Pop were a big help in figuring out how to work the gifts for Georgia.
A Katie Jo look-a-like doll from Gran and Pop.
"Look everyone it's Cinderella!"
Katie Jo loved Georgia's house and kept wanting me to run through the door to get away from the mean cat. There was no mean cat around but she had one in her mind that was chasing us!

Another hit was the car from Gran and Pop.



Georgia was just happy to have someone holding her.
This year I decided we would fry a turkey for our Christmas meal. I bought the fryer, looked directions up online, and found an injector recipe. We let the oil get a little too hot but it was still juicy on the inside.
After Christmas dinner it was time for more gifts. Uncle Brian waited all day to give Katie Jo and Georgia their gifts





I'd like to title the below picture "The Overseer."
It was a wonderful time overall and hopefully everyone else felt the same way. The girls got lots of fun new things to play with and I managed to find a home for most everything. What a great first Christmas it was for us here in the lowcountry! They say "It isn't over until the fat lady sings." Well, I say "It ain't over until the chubby baby sings!"


The End








1 comment:

Alli said...

What a wonderful family you have! I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!
;)