Saturday, August 02, 2008

Priceless Patience

This week has been a real test of patience. It has been very hot to begin with. Every day I had intentions of going to the pool with the girls after their nap time. And every day about 20 minutes before we'd go I'd hear thunder, followed by wind, rain, and being stuck inside for the worst time of day (4-6). Along with that the air upstairs went out one day (who knows which day at this point). Thankfully we have a great guy who comes out as soon as he can but due to the rain couldn't come until the next morning. And following that we lost the heat in our dryer. Thankfully my next door neighbor is a saint and let me dry three loads of laundry at their house (it took awhile for me to realize the heat was out and I thought I was staying ahead of the game by continuing to wash loads). So, after some research and asking around we decided to buy a new dryer instead of trying to fix it. Next problem please.
Today was supposed to be a day full of activity and promise. First, I went in to buy the dryer and set up its delivery today. It's tax free weekend so we wanted to buy the dryer immediately to cash in on that deal! After arriving I found out there was some miscommunication and it can't be delivered today but we still got it tax free. Aggravating but not a huge deal. I am leaving tomorrow with the girls and won't be back until late Wednesday so it'll be here Thursday. Next, the girls and I were to head to Mt P. for a photography appt. Very exciting! It's a new place (for us anyway) and you get the prints immediately so I was super excited to get this wiped out in one fatal swoop. The appointment went great. The girls cooperated, ate a snack while I picked the photos and played without fussing. Then we paid and were informed the printer was down and they weren't sure when it'd be ready. We were in Mt. P people. That is forty minutes from my house, my children were an hour from nap time and gas is $4 a gallon. I'm not a crier but I came very close to pitching a fit that would rival any toddler. So we went to Burger King to regroup and eat lunch. As we were strapping back in they called and said the photos were ready! Yay! Now we're home safe, the girls are napping and there is a severe storm warning for our area this afternoon. Some things never change!
You don't have to pay for patience but the amount you're allotted is priceless.

3 comments:

Alli said...

Was the photo place Portrait Innovations? If it was, we really like it, but we've been there before when the printer was down and it's not fun to wait for the pics when you're 35 minutes from home and you've timed things out nicely to get home in time for naps. I totally understand!
Hope you enjoy your new dryer!

Michelle said...

I love the new blog look. Cute pictures!

Kelly said...

Girl, if you didn't go to the looney bin after that week, you can do ANYTHING! :-) I have learned to never pray for patience, because I will be tested FOR SURE!
I hope last week was much better for you guys!