Thursday, July 05, 2007

Pregnancy update 39 weeks

I had another weekly appointment today and you could say everything was in twos, so to speak. I had gained two pounds putting me at 131 and a total of 35 gained overall, I was dilated at a two, and the doctor said she didn't think it would be too much longer before this ones arrives. We shall see if her prediction comes true. I still feel great and was even able to get out and walk a couple of days this week. I am amazed at the lack of swelling that has occurred this go round especially considering how hot it's been lately. I've got my hospital bag packed, Katie Jo's routine all typed up, and I got my hair cut and colored last week. I think that covers all the important things! We went to eat Chinese tonight and I got something spicy so we're giving Georgia every chance possible to welcomed into the world! :) But if she's not ready we're OK with that too since that gives us more opportunities to sleep, play with Katie Jo, go to the beach, sleep, do projects around the house, and sleep!
39 weeks
Here's a little list I started compiling a while back to sum up the top ways to know you're super pregnant.

1. It takes as much mental energy as physical energy to turn from one side to the next during the night.

2. When you answer the phone people always ask why you're out of breath.

3. The answering machine picks up more than you do because it takes so long to get up and get to a phone.

4. Sleeping well requires a minimum of two pillows.

5. People no longer ask "How far along are you?" They ask "How much longer do you have?"

6. When getting up from a seated position, on the floor, it is necessary to roll over to hands and knees, tuck feet under, and stand up. Of course you also need to have something nearby to hold on to while standing up.

7. The largest maternity top you own still shows your mid-drift.

8. Producing a urine sample is as easy as someone asking you to blink your eyes five times.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I laughed out loud at your top ten! That is so true!!!
Glad you're still doing really well! Not long to go!