Saturday, July 14, 2007

Welcome to the world Georgia Reese

Well after approximately 39 weeks and 4 days of waiting Georgia Reese decided to finally make her entrance. Labor started about 4 am on Tuesday, July 10th with mild contractions that barely woke me from sleep. I got up, got a snack, watched the rest of a show I'd taped and after sitting for 30 minutes finally assessed that what I was feeling was truly contractions. I went back to bed and snoozed for about 45 min until I could take it no more. Now that the pains were 5 minutes apart I decided to get the troops up and let them know. So Jay and I got up, got showers, and finished putting our stuff together. He actually thought we'd be going then to the hospital and was unpleasantly surprised to find out I got him up at that ridiculous hour just to start getting things together! Moving on...I called in to my doc's office about 8:30 and went in for a check. The 20 minute monitor exam confirmed I was indeed in labor and the doctor's exam found me to be at 4cm. I went home, ate lunch, and we arrived at the hospital at 11am. I foolishly thought things would go faster because it was a second baby but at least it was easier this go round. I labored for about 3 hours after the doctor broke my water and by 2ish decided the contractions were a bit much. Seeing as how the epidural comes about 30 minutes after you ask I decided when two contractions came two minutes apart and lasted about a minute each I was more than ready. The epidural went smoothly and after that I took a nice nap. By nice nap I mean I slept off and on for about two hours and the next time I woke up I heard someone say I was 9.5 cm dilated and would start pushing soon. I decided this would be a good time to shake myself awake and after quite a few sips of ice water I had cleared the cobwebs. When the evening news went to their first commercial we started pushing and by 6:41 we had us a bouncing baby girl. She came out pink and screaming which is the way we like em. She weighed in at a hearty 7 lbs 12 oz and measured 20 inches. Jay did very well as my partner in crime and was very encouraging through the whole labor and birth. He cut the cord and didn't even look woozy. My mom and Jay's mom were present for the birth again as well. My dad stayed in the waiting room with Katie Jo and brought her in after Georgia was cleaned up. Katie Jo didn't know quite what to think but seemed to like her. After all the after birth fuss everyone left and we were alone with Georgia for some family bonding. She fed and did pretty well for her first go round. We enjoyed just looking at her and enjoying all her perfection and beauty! We ended the day with Arby's brought in by our friends and moving to our room for the night. It was a great birth day!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has truly blessed you both with another bundle of joy. She's absolutely beautiful. We are looking forward to meeting our newest grandchild in person. Love, Dad (Granddaddy) and Sarah (MeMa).