Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Wrap up

This weekend we went to Lyman for a visit with family.

On Friday night we took KJ to our high school football game. She was a little overwhelmed at first with the noise, crowd, and lights but after awhile she warmed up. She especially loved the band at half time.

Here she is with Gran before the game. She wasn't asleep, just being silly.Checking the game out.
My friend Mason sat behind us with his two boys, JL and Mac. KJ had a great time playing with them and it was good to see Mason since we both live away and don't catch up often.
This is JL and Katie Jo.
Mommy and KJ
The whole gang: JL sitting in Granddad Larry's lap, KJ and me, and Mac and Mason.

On Saturday we took Georgia and Katie Jo to Cleveland park to ride the train, which was a big hit, and play on the playground.









The girls had fun making a mess at Gran and Pop's. We went to Mia's on Sunday and had a terrific lunch with BBQ chicken, veggie kabobs, and crock pot mac and cheese. No pics from there but if there were it would have been of me sitting on the couch watching Erin Brockovich and Jay napping in the back bedroom while Mia was playing with the girls! :)





7 comments:

Alli said...

Awww...I love our hometown! :)
Go Rebels!
How fun for you to sit near Mason and his children.

Heather said...

It was so good to meet you at church on Sunday! Thank you so much for praying for me. I truly feel all of the prayers that have gone up for me. God has truly been remarkable on my journey!! I would love to post one day my entire testimony. It is just a little hard for me to do right now.

Kim said...

Amber-love the pics I am going to post two of them on my blog if you don't mind.

Mason said everyone enjoyed the game. Hated to miss it!

Amber said...

Kim, we had such a good time with your boys! I only wish you would have been there! Let me know if you need any of the pics emailed directly.

Amy Wallace said...

Oh my GOSH Mason's boy's look just like him! How fun to go to the game...love your shirt! True Alum!

Amber said...

Can I just tell you that shirt was a major score. Coach Gillespie (or Tony as he's known to us) gave my mom that shirt (they're at the Freshman Academy together) and it was too small for her. I loved hanging out with Mason and his boys. That was truly a rare treat.

Ferry Family said...

Wow! What a treat! I haven't seen Mason in ages and I've never seen his little boy. You're so good about having a camera ready at all times. And there are some gorgeous pics with your mom. Definitely fridge-worthy.