Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our Weekend with Gran and Pop

We had a great visit with Gran and Pop this past weekend. They escaped the snow and cold in the upstate to experience our rain and cold. Needless to say we spent a lot of time indoors. Quite honestly this was a super chance for me to get a break and do some much needed maintenance around the house. I had several things to accomplish while they were here and I just about covered my list by the time they left. Saturday afternoon they took Katie Jo to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks." Katie Jo came back in chattering about the chipmunks and how Theodore slept on Dave's head. They said she sat through the whole thing and directed the music with her hands. She was treated to popcorn and a drink and my dad was nice enough to remove the sugar stick from her kids meal. I promptly ate it when they got back. That night Jay and I got our evening out and it was fun to go on a date and not have to shell out babysitting money when we got back. Sunday and Monday we spent a lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing. Georgia and Katie Jo got to spend lots of quality time with Gran and Pop though and I'm not sure who enjoyed themselves more!











No comments: