Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WWF

A fellow blogging friend, Kelly, told a story about a battle of wills she had with her two year old the other night. My how I can relate. It made me think of something funny that happened the other day with Katie Jo. We were playing in the bonus room when Katie Jo shouted "Mean Cats, Mean Cats" and came running towards me. Side note: Katie Jo has started pretending of late and it is usually that a mean cat is hiding in her dresser or a rhino is chasing her and we have to climb into Noah's Ark (the play house outside). So anyway, she came running towards me and instead of sitting in my lap to get away from them she ran around behind me, climbed up my back, and began to wrap herself around my neck. In the process she grabbed up two fist fulls of my hair. It all happened so quickly that I was struck dumb by the fact that she was literally on top of me and then secondly how much it hurt where she was pulling my hair. I immediately tried to get her off of me which turned into a wrestling match hence the WWF title (Wrestling With my Firstborn). Before I knew it we were both writhing about like two worms in hot ashes. I was trying to pry her off of me and she was yelling because she thought I was trying to throw her off. She never let go of my hair which just made things worse. Next thing I knew we were on the floor in a heap and I was trying to bend out of her grip all the while yelling "let go Katie Jo, just let go." Finally we came apart and both sat there breathless. I'm sure we moved on to coloring Dora or something but I was quite traumatized for some while. So that might not be a perfect example of a strong willed child but it shows that no amount of parenting books, advice, or research can prepare you for everything!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad other parents go through WILD experiences too! :-)

Alli said...

So funny! Ava went through a "mean cat" phase! I'll share when I see you TODAY!!!
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall!

Kelly said...

I love all of your new pictures. Your girls have beautiful clear blue eyes!

rygar said...

hi amber!! this is ryan stribling and i am sending holas out to old friends because my sister gave me your blog, allisons, and chessis also. u have a beautiful family and tell jay i said hi as well. i think he would remember me. i have been living in myrtle beach for about 9 yrs now. be4 that i was in hilton head island for about 3. if you ever want to say hi, my e-mail address is rygarblump@hotmail.com. bye for now and i wish you the best