Saturday, March 08, 2008

Catch Up

We've been staying quite busy the last week or so and I thought I'd get ya caught up on our latest happenings. Last weekend we moved Georgia's mattress down one level and I think it's almost time to move it down another level. In the last week she has almost mastered pulling up all the way. Right now she gets stuck at the knee level but I'd say by next weekend she'll be standing on her feet. She also has begun to crawl this past week. She had started scooting a few weeks ago and managed to get what she needed through a combo of rolling and sitting. Now she's moving and we'll be back into the baby gate world soon. Katie Jo had a successful week with the potty. She used it both days at preschool and twice this week at home with us. So it's a slow process but we're getting there. My goal now is to be without swim diapers by this summer. Here are some of Katie Jo's latest sayings.
"Let's get outta here."
"Turn on my music."
"I can do it myself."
"Let me go first."
"Sunshine in my eyes."




I thought this was a funny picture. I had in an Einstein video for Georgia and Katie Jo decided she wanted to watch too. I've never seen anyone ride a horse and watch tv simultaneously.
On Wednesday we went to the park. It was a beautiful day but bright so Katie Jo had to wear sunglasses. Lately she has been really aware of "sunshine in my eyes" and needs her sunglasses in the van and outside more.





Later that afternoon I found them in Georgia's room wrestling. Georgia was having a grand time being manhandled by her big sister.




Here are a few shots of Georgia in the process of pulling up.







1 comment:

Megan said...

Love your new blog look! The fact that Katie Jo always needs her sunglasses sounds quite familiar here. Jack's always say the light hurts his eyes - even when it's turned off! Your kids are adorable. Just tell me how you managed to get a good picture of the two of them together - I think it's impossible! Oh, and I got the paci holder as a gift, but my friend bought it at a local consignment shop that sells some new things - this being one of those things.