Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday 2008

We had a terrific Easter. The girls got some fun items in their baskets and Jay wore bunny ears. Can it really get any better?





Is this the cutest jacket ever or what? It was a hundred times cuter in person!




This red hot lady is my friend/mentor/former youth leader/Tracy Dean. She has had such an impact on my life and I love her dearly!






We had a big Easter lunch with Mia and Uncle Matt. Katie Jo loved eating the bagel chips and cheese chunks. She wouldn't go near the pear salad which I thought was funny. How can you not love the combo of pears, mayo, and cheese?

After lunch we had a big egg hunt in the front yard.

I put this photo in just for Jay. Katie Jo found an egg and when she opened it there was a chunk of cheese inside. I turned around and said, "Who put a piece of cheese in one of the eggs." Jay took the picture and if you know me then you see this is a classic "Amber" pose. By the way, Mia put the cheese in there! It was a big hit with KJ.




Grandmoney and Aunt Karen dropped by afterwards and Katie Jo promptly climbed in the car with G$.
Before heading back to the upstate we went by Gran and Pops. Georgia LOVES the big bird to go with the vintage fisher price sesame street set Gran and Pop have and I had to get a photo of him in her mouth.

Gran read Katie Jo the book she gave her in her basket and Katie Jo has her usual million mile stare when she gets tired. They were both asleep before we hit 26.






3 comments:

Jenn said...

No one here ever believes me when I tell them about the pear/mayo/cheese combo. Tim swears I am making it up. I'm glad you took a picture so that I have a reference now. Maybe that is a dish that is only known in the Duncan-Lyman-Wellford Metropolis.
Also, I love the cheese in the egg picture. Who puts cheese in an egg? Ha!

Alli said...

Wow! I bet it took forever to upload all of these photos! I loved looking at them. You all looked great. I'm jealous you got to hug Tracy! I miss you both!

Kelly said...

We had the mayo pears for lunch too. Well, someone made them and we talked about them. Who eats mayo on pears?!?
Love the bunny ears!
And I miss working with Tracy, Natalie, and your Mom!!! :-(