Sunday, March 02, 2008

Nice moments by Katie Jo

Yesterday I took Katie Jo to a birthday party where she demonstrated at least twice, that I saw, that she has a very kind heart. First of all, this was a party for a child in her preschool class so there were several other kids from the class and she was tickled to see them out side of school. Who knew that could happen!? So when it came time to give out the goodie bags the kids had to find a treasure box on the playground. Katie Jo was running with the other kids and got her bag but I saw that she had a second bag in her other hand. Just as I was about to tell her she couldn't have more than one I saw her take it to a little girl from her class who was playing on a toy horse. She said, "Here Kinzie," and gave her the other goodie bag. I was so surprised. Not surprised she did something nice but that was pretty observant to see that McKenzie wasn't in the rush of kids to get one and intentionally got one for her. I was awed! It was pretty nice that other moms saw this too and were ooohhhing and awwwing over how sweet she was. I did relish in that moment and I make no apologies for it.
Then second act of kindness was when she came down the tube slide and then turned around to wait on the person behind her. When he came down I realized it was another child from her class. She waited on him and then tried to help him up. The whole time she was saying, "Here Parker. I help you." So cute!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Awww...doesn't that make up for any terrible 2 moments of the day?!? HOW SWEET! Just proof that you're a great mom!