Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pre-Easter activities

Well, last week Katie Jo and I did a few fun activities together. First, we put together our Easter tree. It was like tinker toys which was nice since I could gage how ready she would be for that type of toy. Not so much. It was pretty hard to put together and she enjoyed hanging the eggs on it much more than the construction part. I also bought a couple of bunny frames to put their faces in and hang from the tree as well. It turned out so cute. It'll be fun in a couple of years to do these types of things with both girls but for now I was content to do it with just KJ while Georgia slept.


Then we dyed eggs. This was the first year we've done this and thank goodness I waited. What a stressful activity. I am not the kind of mom to make a big mess and not care. Katie Jo was lucky to have done more than wear an apron and touch the wire egg holder. We both had stain on our hands for two days after and we ended up with a cute batch of colored eggs. She left them alone afterwards which goes to show they do take so much pride in things when they take part.

Stain on the counter? Not part of the plan but after some coaxing from rubbing alcohol it came off.


1 comment:

Amy Wallace said...

You are such a good Mom Amber! Believe me...I held me breath the whole time we dyed eggs (outside in the wind...wonder why SUlli has pneumonia?!) I had to keep reminding myself it was for them our eggs looked horrific!