Friday, July 18, 2008

Sweet kisses

Every day Katie Jo has "quiet time." She hasn't taken a nap consistently in well over 6-8 months now but she still spends a couple of hours in her room playing quietly. I think she enjoys the solitude and it's a nice break from our day. Any way, I always read her a couple of books before her time starts and I am usually so tired by the end of book two I lay on her bed and snooze while she plays. Yesterday when I finished I was so tired I fell asleep immediately. It isn't a solid sleep since I am still listening for her. I guess she thought she'd tuck me in since I could feel her staring at me trying to decide what to do. She placed a couple of stuffed animals along my side and then kissed my arm several times. Then she kissed my cheek on both sides. It was so very sweet. After that she played on the floor and went about her business, but I laid there and thought about what a precious girl she is!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Isn't motherhood a blessing?! I love that she kissed your arm. How sweet.