Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

This past weekend saw quite a bit of action. If you don't normally read most of what I write then just read this first paragraph and skip the rest. It will be worth it! Friday nite we decided to go to Costco. Costco equals a cheap meal and a relaxing time perusing the aisles for random purchases. They already had out Christmas stuff and along with that had out many toys. I raided the toy aisle and picked out lots of stuff for "ahead of time" shopping. The whole time I did this Katie Jo and Jay continued to shop. At one point I couldn't find them and circled the store at least twice, while holding Georgia no less. When I rounded a corner I finally found them and then Jay stepped to the side and I saw Katie Jo. There she was sitting in the cart stark naked except for her diaper. Then I smelled it. Then I saw it. VOMIT! All over the aisle floor. I couldn't find words. I was in shock. Jay informed me that she started throwing up and just couldn't stop. He had to strip her down, bag up her clothes and shoes, clean her with wipes, and then change her diaper. I was truly speechless. Katie Jo didn't look like she felt bad and I figured she must have had something upset her stomach. Duh! So we piddled a little longer (after moving all our items into another cart during which Jay dumped my cup full of coke on the floor beside the vomit) and checked out. On our way out we stopped by the membership desk. While we waited to be helped Jay was holding Katie Jo and she started throwing up AGAIN. This time it got all down the front of Jay's shirt. And then she hurled a few more times on the floor. I was holding Georgia so I was pretty much no help. The sales people were really nice and brought paper towels and a wet rag to wipe Katie Jo off, again. We finally got to the van, unloaded our items, got both girls strapped in and off we went. Georgia started crying before we got out of the parking lot and I told Jay to just pull over so I could feed her. So we pulled into a church parking lot where I fed her while Katie Jo watched Winnie the Pooh. Then we were off again. As we pulled into our driveway Katie Jo moaned and then threw up AGAIN! In her car seat! Jay took her directly in and put her in the bath. By this time she was pale and had lost her zip. I hosed off the car seat and left it outside to dry. After her bath we sat in her room with her and it was crazy late and she was so tired. She threw up one more time (in a trash can thank lord) and then passed out asleep. We stuck around for a little bit longer and she never woke up. Jay slept on the floor beside her bed most of the night. Around 5 I heard her crying and ran to her room. She got sick once again but this time there was nothing left so it was basically like spitting into the trash can. After that she didn't thrown up anymore the rest of the weekend. She didn't eat a lot the rest of the weekend but continued to drink fluids. I guess it was a little bug and in the end I was actually glad Costco had to deal with the clean up and not us. What a lazy mom, right? So that was the BAD.


Saturday Jay and I worked on projects all day long. He built a workbench, put out pine straw, put out sod, and trimmed our palm trees. I primed and painted the hall bath. It will hopefully be ready for it's unveiling later this week. Sunday we enjoyed a day at church. Sunday afternoon we got to all relax and Sunday night Jay gave his testimony at the service for deacon election. He did a great job and I was very proud of him. So that was the GOOD.


I think it was Thursday night which is not technically the weekend, but I had to find an ugly to go with the title, when I was giving Katie Jo a bath and stood up to get something off the bathroom counter. What I saw in the mirror was the worst site I may have seen in 32 years. There I stood with no make up, bangs pulled to the side with a bobby pin, dark circles beneath my eyes, and a shirt that was a smidgen too tight showing off my postpartum bulges. It was a "mom" moment, but not the kind you feel good about like when your child flings baby food in your hair. It was like a bon bon eating, watching daytime talk shows kind of mom moment. I vowed right then to make a change. I haven't had time to make that change yet but darn it it will happen! :)

Here is a shot of Katie Jo and Baby after she finally fell asleep after the vomit fiasco. That dog would be an angel on earth if she were human. I guess she sensed KJ didn't feel good so she jumped up and curled right at her feet. We don't normally allow the dogs on KJ's bed but this was an exception. We chased her out when we went to bed though! :)

On Saturday Katie Jo stayed in her diaper just in case we had any more episodes. We went through her shoes to see which ones still fit and then got out some new shoes that used to be too big. She wears a 5 1/2 to 6 now. She sporting her converse high tops in the below photo.

Katie Jo was in our room when I heard her say "Hot." I looked and she was standing in the ray of sun coming through the window. She'd step out of it and then back in again and say "Hot."

I think the below photo was actually from last week. She found a pair of Georgia's bottoms and put them on! She shimmied them as far up as they would go and wore them for quite a while that way!

This was as close as we could get to capturing a smile from Georgia. She started smiling around 5 weeks and now smiles most anytime someone talks to her.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you wrote out the Costco story. It's absolutely hilarious for those of us who weren't there and didn't have to experience it first-hand! Your girls are so adorable and I enjoy seeing the pictures as they grow.

Amy Wallace said...

I have had such a much needed afternoon laugh! I can't help but to picture this and I know it was not funny for you but I am dying laughing! I know I am going to be punished!