Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Bathroom

Our hall bath has been in need of an update. It had wallpaper that was really nice but super dark. When we bought the house the ceiling in this bathroom was even wallpapered. That came down immediately and was painted ivory. So after three years I decided to tackle taking down the wallpaper and repainting. Little did I know then that this would be something to put on my "never do again" list. I rented a steamer and steamed the wallpaper off about a month ago. It took ALL Saturday. I think I was too traumatized after that to do any more for a while. This past Saturday AND Sunday I primed and painted. This week I have added most of the hardware and all the decorative touches. It is sooo bright and cheery and I love it. I'm also SO glad to be done! No other rooms in this house will be painted for quite some time. At least by me!

This was the only picture I could find showing the wallpaper in there prior to the update. That's Katie Jo at three months.
Here is our new and improved look!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

It looks great!!!